Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Gus's Chicken in Mason, Tennessee-The Best Chicken in The World
















So yeah,


I had to slide back home on some family business and amongst studio sessions with Cane (finally) and family time with my family (which is self-explantory)...I went back to where I was literally raised.

When I say I am a country boy, I really mean country. Before we moved back to Memphis many years ago...I used to spend a majority of my time at my grandmother's home in Arlington, Tennessee. This was the COUNTRY country. Straight up trees and twigs, folk. Cotton and plows. Pigs and cows country. But anyways...
















As I rolled through Tipton County (for my music heads...this is the birthplace of Issac Hayes), I came across Gus's World Famous Fried Chicken (not the one on Beale Street). I remember this place when I was younger but I went in with my older sister and WOW!!! I have NEVER in my life tasted GREASELESS chicken...but Gus's is it.

Now, if you're not scared of slavery darkness, winding roads and happen to be between Memphis, Tennessee and 100,000 miles of country...stop by Gus's. You'll be glad you did.

-L'Daialogue

1 comment:

Nola.Divine said...

MMMM!!! The next time I go visit my sister, I'm gonna have her take me here!