Thursday, June 18, 2009

Bluff City Daialogue 2 Producer's Corner: J-Mack


Me and my mans J-Mack go way back. Actually, when I first met him...he didn't know I rhymed and I didn't know he was on the beats.



We both worked at the FedEx Forum doing what believed was the worst job in the history of jobs. I even forget the title sometimes.



Our job was to switch out the massive wooden floor of the arena which were about 300 lbs a square to whatever program that was being held that night. Most of the time, it was switching the floors from the Grizzlies to the Memphis State Tigers (Or the University of Memphis for you out-of-towners) and it was the worst. If I never ever experienced slavery...this was probably the closest I've ever seen.



But, during the quasi-breaks we had as a staff...about 10 guys got in a corner and busted a few verses to pass the time. At that time, my cousin High Ruler King Cane (2Deep) was there so we was always down to rhyme. We spit a few and J-Mack (who still at that time was still rappin') spit along with some other cats.



Now, it didn't happen until I moved out of the "M" that I got back in contact with him and I looked online at his myspace page to see that Mack was slangin' beats for the low-low. He also had "exclusive" beats that you could purchase for more. He was a business, man.



Because of our relationship, he shot me a few beats. I figured if I killed a beat and create a buzz...it would't be "non-exclusive" for long. So, that's when I penned "Your Money Means Nothing" (which seems so appropriate for how I felt at that time) for the Bluff City Daialogue 2 project. But, we still get up with each other from time-to-time.



It's funny how I can "move flows" over beats with the same cat I literally "moved floors" with. You never know where true talent lies.



-L'Daialogue



LINK: Your Money Means Nothing (Prod. By J-Mack)

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=33b77f8b4ab825ad67cd7f7bd65f7eefe04e75f6e8ebb871




Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments: