Sunday, August 24, 2008

L.E.G.A.C.Y- 16's Chapel Pt. 1 (shouts to DJ MiZUnderstatistic)




http://kevinnottingham.com/myblog/2008/08/24/legacy-16s-chapel-pt-1/#more-1834


We got a hot new mixtape that just came through my inbox. Thanks to L’Daialogue for the hook up. I know all you Justuce Leaguers out there are familiar with L.E.G.A.C.Y. Well since he’s been featured on everyone’s joints from Little Brother, to Median, to The Away Team, he’s ready to come out with his sophomore effot, Suicide Music. This is the mixtape before the album. Read on to see what L’Daialogue had to say about the project…


“I spoke to L.E.G.A.C.Y a few days ago after hearing a single from the upcoming “Suicide Music” and wondered how could I maximize his buzz on this project. He was like, “Yo…just get it out there.” So, that’s exactly what I did.

I immediately talked to my DJ, MiZUnderstatistic and told him what I wanted to do with the singles and gave him a stack of L.E.G.A.C.Y cd’s I’d had in storage. I mean like…me and L.E.G. go back at least 5 years and in that amount of time, homey has like 100’s of songs (not including the freestyles I got on him from my Ovaground Undaground Mixtape series). And this was before it was ‘cliche’ to have 100 songs recorded as an artist.

Then, this is when it happened (the idea!). MiZ was like,”Hold up. How can break this down…I mean…dang, dude got ALOT of 16’s, my nig.” That’s how the name came about with the concept. And trust…it was not because it was a lack of material. It was moreso to show that my mans is still doing it and the new album he has is going to be ridic. So with the holy union of MiZ’s blends, my equipment and L.E.G’s blessing….I present L.E.G.A.C.Y’s 16’s Chapel Pt.1.”

More on L.E.G.A.C.Y.

Name meaning Life. Ends. Gradually. And. Changes. You is often known as the the “Rock Star” of North Carolina-based 15-man Justus League collective. L.E.G.A.C.Y is N.C.’s own lyrical phenomenon. With one album under his belt (Project Mayhem) and many mixtapes (including DJ Paradime-helmed Whut? Thee Mixtape series) and others, L.E.G.A.C.Y. is certainly in striking distance with his Khrysis-produced 2ND album entitled “Suicide Music”. The lead singles “Bang” and “14 Grams” (both Khrysis-productions) are getting plenty of spins and gaining momentum on college and satellite radio alike.

This is the one of the reasons this project, DJ MiZUnderstatistic & L’Daialogue DiCaprio Presents 16’s Chapel Pt. 1 is definitely needed to give some a refresher course on one of the most prolific lyricists to come from North Carolina. Just like the Sistine Chapel in Rome being so intricate yet simple, the massive body of work recorded by L.E.G.A.C.Y doesn’t even give you the full course…this is just the snack.

And with that, we go into L.E.G.A.C.Y’s 16’s Chapel…but not without a quote from L.E.G.A.C.Y about his new project “Suicide Music” (circa Feb./March 2008):

“I got back in the lab last week, and a lot of chron and beer later we’re almost done with the “Suicide music” album. I’m 100% confident with this record and I feel like I’ll shock a lot of people. There’s 12 songs completed (12 definite keepers) and to date Khrysis handled all of the production with some NEXT LEVEL shit…I think both he and I [kind of] fell into the shadows of some of our peers and this will be the album to take both of us out of the shadows. I haven’t been excited about music (mine or anybody else’s) for a long time but I’m hype to see what the “people” say about this joint. We put in a lot of work and I think it’s gonna pay off upon release…”

Tracklist:

1. Enter Into Tha’ Chapel Intro
2. 2 Sided Coin (Remix)
3. Flash & Flare
4. Unreleased L.E.G.A.C.Y Ovaground Freestyle
5. 14 Grams [ New track off upcoming album ‘Suicide Music’]
6. Merchant of Dreams
7. Nike Air Zooms
8. The Olio
9. Melting Pot
10.Bang [ New track off upcoming album ‘Suicide Music’]
11.The King of N.C.
12.The Trial (The Murder of Regina Angela Phillips-R.A.P.)
13.30-30
14.Steel Dragon
15.Rock
16.Ovaground Freestyle #2
17.Nice (Remix)
18.Crab N**gaz
19.No Surprise
20.Sean Price Interlude
21.Basic
22.Tour of Duty
23.Cold As A Butcher
24.Daily Operation
25.Death List
26.Too Long
27.I’m A Star
28.Who’s That?
29.The Dirty Bomb
30.Boondocks Saints
31.Best Kept Secret
32.Third Person

SUICIDE MUSIC COMING SOON!!!!!!!!

No comments: